Easy Stand Alone
The SIUDI-8 interface is our standard USB-DMX interface. The interface can run up to 512 DMX channels in stand alone mode and every scene can be triggered by date/time or through the input ports. The memory capacity depends on the total amount of stand alone DMX channels.
The interface must be connected to the computer through USB and requires the installation of its drivers. The software installation program copies the USB drivers on the system. Once the software is installed, connect the interface to the computer and Windows will launch the installation wizard. Simply follow the instructions to install the interface.
The connection of the DMX signal is made to the XLR female connector. The 9V DC power supply must be connected to the rear mini USB connector. This interface has 8 ports to trigger 8 different scenes. To use the input ports, you must create a connection between the Ground pin and the ports (see the picture below).
Buttons and display
The 2-digit display shows the interface state:
- PC means the interface is under software control
- OF means the interface is not under software control and the stand alone mode is disabled
- ER means an error has occured. Disconnect/reconect your interface. If this does not work, try updating the firmware from the hardware configuration
- 01, 02... means the interface is in stand alone mode and shows the scene number
There are 3 push buttons on the top of your interface:
- "+" calls the next stand alone scene
- "-" calls the previous stand alone scene
- The bottom button in addition with "+" and "-" increases/decrases the global DMX level