The "Color Manager" tool is basically a colour editor for RGB or CMY fixtures. It allows to create either static or dynamic colour sequences very easily. Imagine you want to load a bitmap or simply write a text on your matrix of LEDs, "Color Manager" will help you to make it in a few seconds. To open "Color Manager", click with the right button of your mouse on a color mixing channel in the editor screen. Several functions are available, let us see know how to use them:
The basic tools are situated in the "Tools" area of the window. You can find the main functions available in a bitmap designer and select a color for each fixture very quickly. Each fixture is represented by a square on the left side. You can display the name of each of them by clicking on "Display fixtures' identification". Several tools are available:
- Select pixel and Select area: the first one allows to select fixtures one by one, the second allows to select several fixtures simultaneously
- Pen and Paint bucket: to paint one or several pixels with the selected colour
- Line, Rectangle, Circle: to draw a line, a rectangle or a circle
- Pipette: to pick a color from the fixtures area
- Copy, Paste: to copy or paste pixels
- Load an image: to draw an image (BMP, JPG...) with your fixtures
You must use the colour picker to change the colour of the selected pixel(s). You can also enter the RGB values manually.
The text wizard allows to write easily a text on your matrix. You can make either static or scrolling text, choose the font, the background color...You must click on the "T" button ("Wizard" area) to open the following window.
Here we must enter our text and then choose a font and a colour. You can specify a colour for the text and for the background. It is also possible to move your text vertically and/or horizontally with the "Horizontal offset" and "Vertical offset" cursors. Then, if you want your text not to be static, you must select the type of movement from the list situated in the "Movements" area. The cursor in the "TAPE" area makes it possible to change the speed of the scrolling.