Sunlite Suite 2
Sunlite Suite 2 supports multiple universes and interfaces. The universes and interfaces can be modified within the output tab of the starting parameters. The software is set to automatically select your interfaces by default. Uncheck auto detection to set this up manually. Products can be selected here(1).
Some interfaces have 3 universes. Each universe in the software can be patched to one of the interface outputs, or the DMX output universe can be swapped with a DMX input universe so the show can be triggered from a DMX desk(2).
If you have a Sunlite Suite 2 First Class interface connected, you can also output out of a variety of other products including the Sunlite Easy Stand Alone IP interface, the Sunlite STICK, or through an art-net protocol interface using the ethernet socket on your computer. You can change the order of your interfaces by dragging. You can delete an interface by dragging off the screen.
If you have an Economy or First Class interface connected. You can output additional universes from your computers Ethernet socket using a protocol which sends DMX over a network. This protocol is called ArtNet.
Most of the time, your fixtures won't be able to read the ArtNet protocol and you will have to convert it to DMX using an ArtNet to DMX converter. These can usually convert several universes. We can provide a single universe converter with our SLESA-IP1 interface.
To set up ArtNet:
1. Connect your computer to a router with an Ethernet cable
2. ArtNet works on 2.x.x.x IP address range so make sure your computers Ethernet adapter and the router are set on this address range. The subnet mask needs to be set to 255.0.0.0
3. Connect your lighting fixture or ArtNet-DMX converter to your router
4. Connect the USB-DMX interface to your computer
5. Open Sunlite Suite 2 and navigate to the output hardware tab inside Software Preferences
6. De-select auto detection and select ArtNet from the combo box
7. Choose a Sunlite Suite 2 universe from the left combo box and an ArtNet universe on the right
8. If you are using multiple ArtNet universes with an ArtNet-DMX converter, remember to match the incoming ArtNet universes with the outgoing DMX universes on your converter
The following Suite2 interfaces are compatible with ArtNet:
Suite2-EC - 2 universes
Suite2-FC - 4 universes
Suite2-FC+ - 40 universes*
*ArtNet physically supports up to 40 universes, however if you are planning a project with more than 20 universes, we advise that you contact us first.