Magic 3D Easy View
As for the objects, the software makes it possible to insert fixtures from the library by clicking on "Add fixture(s)" from the "Stage" menu or from the standard toolbar. The following window appears :
Select a fixture from the list and then patch it using the "Patch" button after having specified the starting DMX address and the number of devices or by drag&drop. Make sure you select the correct universe first by selecting the right tab.
It is also possible from the toolbar or by clicking with the right button of the mouse on a fixture to :
- copy/paste fixture(s)
- duplicate fixture (s) with a wizard
- rename a fixture
- delete fixture (s)
All actions can be canceled with the UNDO button.
To select a fixture, click on it or click and draw a selection rectangle. Then, moving the selected fixture (s) becomes possible by holding the left button of the mouse. To move a fixture to another universe, just drag it to the corresponding tab and this will open the new universe.
When controlled by another sofware, the 3D visualizer can receive the patch information directly. 2 modes are available :
· The "Automatic" mode will insert all fixtures from the controller patch and remove the current devices of the 3D visualizer that are not in the controller.
· The "Manual" mode, allows you to patch any fixture coming from the controller or not (several fixtures can be patched to the same DMX address)
It is better to use this window only in "Automatic" mode to not lose all changes made before. The list on the left side shows the fixture information received from the controller. The "orange" fixtures are those available in the controller and already patched in the 3D visualizer, the "blue" are those patched in the 3D visualizer and not in the controller. The user can select the devices they wish to insert. Click on "Patch" to insert the selected fixtures.
The 3 options allow you to select the patch mode and 2 display options. Here they are :
· to show only the fixtures available in the controller and not patched in the 3D visualizer or the entire patch
· "automatic" or "manual" patch
· whether or not to display the popup window when the patch has changed